New Releases - may 2018
Black Rose Writing in the News
- May 22, 2018 - Heather Christie's What the Valley Knows wins best Young Adult Fiction at the National Indie Excellence Awards.
- May 6, 2018 - John Hunt guest co-hosts the Literary License Podcast and talks "Jaws."
- May 1, 2018 - Black Rose Writing adds Google Play to digital book partners!
- April 23, 2018 - T. Patrick Phelp's Deathly Reminder featured by BOOKBUB - Psychological Thrillers.
- April 18, 2018 - Author Jackie Smith signs contract for 10th book to be published by Black Rose Writing.
- April 12, 2018 - Ginger Nuts of Horror features 3 terrific horror novels by Black Rose Writing.
- April 1, 2018 - Black Rose Writing SPRING featured author, Alysia Helming, Protogenesis.
- March 7, 2018 - Gustavo Bondoni, author of The Malakiad, named a Top 10 Finalist for the Jim Baen Memorial Award.
- March 6, 2018 - Check out K-Town Confidential in the February 2018 Kirkus Reviews magazine!
Alysia Helming is the best-selling author of the young adult novel series Protogenesis, she is the President of Protogenesis Media, and Executive Producer of the short film series Footsteps in Athens and the upcoming reality-based TV series Meet Me In Greece, which is currently under contract with a major Hollywood studio. With her extensive business background in renewable energy, Helming currently serves on the Board of Pristine Sun, and has over 25 years’ experience as CFO for four companies, and in providing internal and external advisory services to CFOs & CEOs for Fortune 500, including Jacuzzi, Bushnell, Wells Fargo, Hallmark Cards, DST Systems and Exelon.
by John Hunt
Taylor is being hunted. A sinister shadow trails him playing a game of hide and seek. If Taylor is caught, a cruel death awaits him. There are rules for this game. To break them would mean dire consequences for Taylor and anyone close to him. Taylor must outwit and outlast the fiend for forty-eight hours.
What the Valley Knows
by Heather Christie
Millington Valley is a quintessential small Pennsylvania town: families go back generations. Football rules. Kids drink while adults look the other way. High school is a whirlwind of aspiration and rivalry, friendship and jealousy. When smart and pretty Molly Hanover moves to town and attracts the attention of the football team’s hero, Read more>
by Lori Stephens
Ten-year-old Pierre François—otherwise known as Pierre the Fantastic Flying Fish and Pierre the Genius Brain—is an expert at signing his school papers with original names. He’s also good at extolling the greatness of France, using weird words like “extolling,” dissecting owl vomit, and avoiding The Stinky Chair in math class. What he’s not good at is a foolproof bladder. Accidents happen, although this is Top Secret information. So when it’s time for the entire fifth grade to go to Adventure Camp... Read more>
The Ice Maiden
by B.D. Smith
A serial killer is abducting, torturing, and murdering young women in a small community in central Maine. Seeming to select his victims at random, he acts out the rituals of the Spanish Inquisition before committing their bodies to the sacred waters of nearby Sebec Lake. Anne Quinn, an investigator for the Piscataquis County... Read more>